Player declaration and agreement
I agree to follow the rules and regulations of the Club (and Educational Trust when applicable), accept its values and ethos, and abide by the Player Code of Conduct below.
- Give maximum effort, strive for the best possible performance and develop my abilities.
- Act in the best interests of the Club and team (and Educational Trust when applicable): never play or give advice against my team or the Club (and Educational Trust when applicable), or prioritise other football commitments ahead of team matches, training or other events.
Playing with integrity
- Abide by the rules and spirit of the game, and make every effort consistent with Fair Play to help my team win.
- Set a positive example for others and avoid: gamesmanship, time wasting and use of inappropriate language.
- Treat opponents with due respect at all times, irrespective of the result of the game.
- Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
- Show due respect towards Match Officials, Club Officials (and Educational Trust officials when applicable) and supporters of the opposition and Sporting 87 FC.
- Abide by the instructions of my Team Manager(s) (and Educational Trust coaches when applicable), provided they do not contradict the spirit of this Code.
- Accept the decision of match officials without protest, and avoid words or actions which may mislead a match official.
- Equally accept success and failure, victory and defeat.
Caring about everyone
- Resist any temptation to use banned techniques or take banned substances.
- Not partake in any form of bullying: physical or psychological, overt or subtle, consciously executed or indirectly caused by way of criticism of a player’s effort or technique.
- Provide best notice of planned absences from matches (at least 2 weeks) and training (at least 5 days) to the team manager(s).
- [Youth] Help my parent(s)/carer(s) to arrange transport to away matches, and remind them of timely payment of all monies due. [Adults] Do this myself.
- Avoid publicly expressing negative opinion on a match and any particular aspect of it (including others involved in the game). This includes communication through electronic media such as Facebook and Twitter.