Volunteer staff declaration and agreement
I agree to follow the rules and regulations of the Club/Trust, accept its Christian values and ethos, and abide by the Volunteer Staff Code of Conduct that follows. I promise to:
- Give my best effort and develop my abilities.
- Act in the best interests of the Club/Trust: never act or give advice against the Club/Trust, or prioritise other football commitments.
- Share knowledge and experiences to improve the Club/Trust and other individuals working for the Club/Trust.
- Promote the work of the Club/Trust to its members and external parties.
- Guide members who wish to find out more about the faith of Christianity to the Club Chaplain.
- Proactively support the administrative processes of the Club/Trust.
Acting with integrity
- Abide by the rules and spirit of the game, and make every effort consistent with Fair Play and this Code of Conduct.
- Set a positive example for others and avoid: gamesmanship, time wasting and use of inappropriate language.
- Treat opponents with due respect at all times, irrespective of the result of the game.
- Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
- Show due respect towards Match Officials, Club/Trust Officials and supporters of the opposition and Club/Trust.
- Abide by the instructions of Club/Trust Officials, provided they do not contradict the spirit of this Code.
- Accept the decision of match officials without protest, and avoid words or actions which may mislead a match official.
- Equally accept success and failure, victory and defeat.
Developing players by best practice
- Apply a holistic approach to development that improves both the personal transferable skills and footballing qualities of players.
- Prioritise efforts to build self esteem, confidence and character within players.
- Apply a long term development model to create capable, versatile and experienced players, as a priority over winning in the short term.
- Apply the Club/Trust’s Equality and Opportunity Charter to ensure the rights of players to match time and varied experiences.
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour, performance and actions for improvement.
- Ensure activities are safe, enjoyable and inclusive, and appropriate for each player’s ability level, experience, age and maturity.
- Co-operate fully with others for each player’s best interests, e.g. officials, doctors and welfare officers.
- Clearly communicate and ensure understanding of all expectations to players and parents/carers.
Caring about everyone
- Create a considerate, friendly and supportive environment at Club/Trust activities and events where the Club/Trust is represented.
- Applaud, encourage and be positive to all players on both teams and whatever their ability.
- Resist any temptation to use banned techniques or take banned substances.
- Provide best notice of planned absences from activities to Club/Trust Officials.
- Help players and parent(s)/carer(s) to arrange transport to away matches, and remind them of timely payment of all monies due.
- Avoid publicly expressing negative opinion on a footballing activity or person (including by use of Facebook and Twitter).
- Not tolerate bullying: physical or psychological, overt or subtle, consciously executed or indirectly caused by way of criticism of a player’s effort or technique.